This new way of shopping, gifts or service reservations has won over many users in recent years. It is necessary to go to the evidence, to buy on the internet , it is a saving of time, of money and it is especially much more practical than to go in store.
But to shop online ANSA without worry, you have to be careful. Let’s take a look at the advantages of shopping online and the precautions to take.
Why buy on the internet?
The first reason that a buyer is shopping online is the convenience of the system. Every day, at any time, all you need is a computer or smartphone to carry out your order. And you will receive your package directly at home, without having to move.
The prices on the Internet are often lower than in store, even taking into account the cost of delivery. Buying on the internet means saving money. Another advantage of online shopping comes from the many guest reviews and reviews you have access to on the sites. The products have been tested and users give their opinions to help potential buyers.
This is the strength of the internet community! In a few clicks, you can also compare the prices of the different items, in case of hesitation. One of the disadvantages is that you will not have the product immediately, and you have to rely on a photo to get an idea of the quality. But what dampens buyers, most often is the security of payment on the internet.
Advice to buy on the internet safely
When you are about to buy an item online, you should take some precautions to avoid disappointment and choose the right method of payment :
- Check the seriousness of the site , by doing some research on the net if you have a doubt. Or buy only on recognized shops (Fnac, Amazon, Cdiscount, Price Minister …)
- The pages you are shopping for must have an address that starts with HTTPS or have a small padlock in the address bar as security.
- You can use a blue E-card , which will save you from having to provide your personal banking data when buying on the internet. These virtual cards are generated by your bank and their use is limited in time. You must subscribe to this service from your bank. In particular, know that Fortunéo offers the blue card free
- You have the option to use an intermediary site that secures payments. The best known service is the one offered by Paypal . Fees are applied to each transaction.
- Most banks have set up a system called 3D secure which allows you, during a payment, to receive an SMS notification for example, containing a verification code to be inserted on the merchant site.
- You can use the NFC function of your smartphone which allows to pay without contact, with the equipped shops
Buying online has lots of advantages (lots of choice, speed, the ability to compare prices, bargains, etc.), but there are also some disadvantages …
Online shopping is attracting more and more people. Why such a success ? Simply because shopping on the internet has many advantages.
And of course, where there are advantages, there are always some disadvantages. Find below some advantages and disadvantages of online shopping:
Benefits of internet shopping
- The choice: There are loads of merchant sites on the internet and most offer hundreds or even thousands of items that are not in stores.
- The ease / speed: No need to go out, go to several stores to find what you are looking for, and wait at the checkout, everything is on your screen to carry clicks.
- Compare prices: There are many choices, so it is very easy to compare prices, you can see a multitude of offers for the same product in just a few clicks.
- Bargains: One of the major benefits of online shopping is bargains. Price comparisons, discount codes, promo vouchers, cashback, … The means to save money are not lacking and they will certainly allow you to find the item you want cheaper than in a conventional store.
Disadvantages of internet shopping
- Delivery time: You place your order and, unlike a store purchase, you have to wait until your item arrives at your place. This is a disadvantage, but some sites offer extremely short delivery times and online prices are sometimes so interesting that it makes up for waiting.
- Touch: Online, you can not touch the item, see it in detail and from every angle. To not be disappointed upon receipt of your order, read the descriptions and comments of users before your purchase. Also note that a return to the merchant site is possible and often free of charge if the product does not meet your expectations.
- Security: That’s the big question! Buy online is it safe? It depends mainly on the site on which you order and some precautions to take during your purchase.
To summarize, buy on the internet, it is advantages and disadvantages. The goal of the Buy WEB site is to give you good tips to make the best use of the benefits and avoid the inconveniences.